Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gathering Photos & Picking a Date


To any and all friends who have been to Yosemite please send me your photos via email www.benjamingibbs@gmail.com so we can start putting them together in a photo album/on this web sight.

There are so many memories I have from my childhood. Having children brings back more and more of them. Growning up in the same house and ward my entire childhood helps. One of our families favorite memories comes from taking camping trips to Yosemite. The best part was having so many of our friends with us. I am not sure who was all there. I do remember a few Kelly, Gholdston, Francome, Earnshaw, Long, Higbee, and many more. If you know of any others please let them know we are going again and would love to have as many friends reunite as possible....


Now for picking a date!
Kathy Kelly gets out of shcool June 11th.
We are still waiting for Melinda Muse's husband to let us know when he can get away from his first BIG job in Oklahoma. We should know by mid July his dates.

Here's the problem- in order to make reservations for Hotels (in Yosemite Valley) we need to start now. You can make reservations 366 days before your arrival. Camping can only be done 6 months in advance!

6 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited!!! Can't wait to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q and I will be there (the Awanee, that is)anytime after June 11! Who's in charge of s'mores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I was ever in your Yosemite group, but I LOVE Yosemite. I wish I could float down the river every day of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked the Yosemite website. The Ahwahnee Hotel is $544 per night! There are no rooms available at the Lodge, checking 1 year in advance. That leaves Curry Village (tent cabins), staying outside of the valley, or camping. Or we could cram all of us into one Ahwahnee room! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schmath, everyone is invited! You should totally come! It will be so fun to have all our babies together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Everyone is invited! Are you sure the Francomes never came with us to Yosemite? I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete